x


Spirituality:
Walking Ix

My Journal
D M's Realm

©2001-2004, D M -- all rights reserved under international copyright laws.
"There is no right or wrong. There's just good and bad, and bad is usually what happens when you try to be right."

--Kevin Kline


Walking Ix (ee`sh): In the Mayan Oracle, Ix represents "integrity, heart-knowing, alignment with divine will, magician, shaman, jaguar, night seer, priest, torch bearer, magic." When I asked the Oracle what Star-Glyph represented my purpose in this website, Ix was the answer.

Holding fast to the qualities of Ix, this journal chronicles my spiritual path. On the path, I will occasionally write organized essays on spiritual subjects, those will appear under Pieces below.



Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Right Questions

The Right Questions: Ten Essential Questions to Guide You to an Extraordinary Life by Debbie Ford:


I haven't read this book. I picked it up at the library sometime in April and skimmed through it. The questions themselves seemed so straightforward to me that I didn't feel the need to read a chapter explaining each one. I understand the power of choice and I grok that how we frame our choices determines our decision which in turn shape our lives. It's an important concept and one I'd started working before I found the book. I plan to reflect on each of the questions individually over the next week or two. For now, I want to post them as a list:


  • Will this choice propel me toward an inspiring future or will it keep me stuck in the past?
  • Will this choice bring me long-term fulfillment or will it bring me short-term gratification?
  • Am I standing in my power or am I trying to please another?
  • Am I looking for what's right or am I loking for what's wrong?
  • Will this choice add to my life force or will it rob me of my energy?
  • Will I use this situation as a catalyst to grow and evolve or will I use it to beat myself up?
  • Does this choice empower me or does it disempower?
  • Is this an act of self-love or is it an act of self-sabotage?
  • Is this an act of faith or is it an act of fear?
  • Am I choosing from my divinity or am I choosing from my humanity?

As I posted on my Journal, every choice matters -- whether it's what to buy at the grocery store or when to apply for a job. Asking ourselves if it's about the future, fulfillment, power, "right" action, growth, empowerment, love, faith, and divinity can lead us to make better choices. I just need to get myself to use these questions throughout my day.
posted by DM # @ 13:10


Pieces

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


page content & design by DM