x


Spirituality:
Walking Ix

My Journal
D M's Realm

©2001-2004, D M -- all rights reserved under international copyright laws.
"There is no right or wrong. There's just good and bad, and bad is usually what happens when you try to be right."

--Kevin Kline


Walking Ix (ee`sh): In the Mayan Oracle, Ix represents "integrity, heart-knowing, alignment with divine will, magician, shaman, jaguar, night seer, priest, torch bearer, magic." When I asked the Oracle what Star-Glyph represented my purpose in this website, Ix was the answer.

Holding fast to the qualities of Ix, this journal chronicles my spiritual path. On the path, I will occasionally write organized essays on spiritual subjects, those will appear under Pieces below.



Sunday, October 03, 2004

There's more than shedding going on

A little update so that you know it's not all about shedding in my spiritual development...in the last 4-6 weeks I've taken some steps to get more spiritually centered, including:

  • read "Way of the Peaceful Warrior"
  • purchased two books on auras, finished one and am starting the second
  • read a little of "Urban Shaman" which is a book boy purchased
  • have organized the various incense and placed burners throughout the house so that we can burn incense at least twice a day (preferrably constantly) no matter what room we're in
  • stopped watching television in the morning, instead using incense and "new age" music to help me wake up before work
  • located a poster of "Mayan Oracle" cards that I saw years ago and would like to buy and frame for the bedroom (it took some doing as it was listed on many, many sites in search engines, but only one still has it available)

I have also been working on my mental process of staying present and living with intent. I have applied this at work so that I don't get sucked into the dramas of my co-workers and so that I can more efficiently juggle doing two jobs at the same time. I've encouraged boy to do the same and have helped him reframe problems at his work so that he can approach them from a more grounded and calmer place.

Overall, I think we are both more grounded and happier than we have been since we've been together. We are handling conflict with each other much better and sparking spiritual and personal growth (are they really separate things??) in each other in a way that can only spiral each of us further.


posted by DM # @ 11:08


Pieces

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


page content & design by DM